Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create MDE if Access2000 uses linkedtable form SQL 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a databse wichi has all main tables in the SQL 7.0 with the password requred to view them.&nbsp;&nbsp;I have created forms and some temprery Access tables to make the application usable.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, I am not aboe to create and MDE databse.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I click it I receive the informative message that Access was not able to create MDE file.&nbsp;&nbsp;I would appretiate if you are be able to help me.<br><br>REgards

2 reasons why you cannot create a .MDE<br>1. VBA code is corrupt or has a syntax error.<br>2. Other corruption.<br><br>Do you have VBA code in your .mdb<br>If so open it up to view the code and Click the &quot;Debug&quot; menu then &quot;Compile all Modules&quot;<br>Fix any errors or Rem them out using a single quote &gt; ' <br><br>Also check my FAQ' on creating .MDE they may help.<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> HREF=" TARGET="_new"> all else fails you will have to make a new .MDB and import everything that will come over. What does not come over is corrupt and will have to be recreated.<br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back