Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create Exchange email account while still keeping Notes email !

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellboy101

Programmer
Aug 31, 2005
US
Hello and hope everyone is doing well!

I am going to post this other inquiry I have in MS Exchange too because it might cross reference over to it.

My company has two domains, one domain is for Lotus Notes email and other nsf databases and the other is a Windows 2003 Active Directory domain with Exchange 2003 email users..

Well, I'm trying to implement a test with afew Lotus Notes users where I could create an Exchange 2003/Outlook client email mailbox for them thinking that it would not disrupt their existing SMTP email to Lotus Notes. So essentially, they would have two disparate and functioning email sytems they could use fully.. Well, I see a few problems here as far as what the users are telling me. It seems it can't be done.. Everything I send them ultimately passes thru to their Lotus Notes mail via the Lotus notes domain...

These users have a Microsoft User account in Active Directory and a valid Exchange 2003 mailbox.. but they also originally had a Lotus Notes mailbox to start off with so I suppose this is why it assumingly defaults to their Lotus Notes mailbox before it ever goes to their Outlook client..

Can it be possible to have both Outlook and Lotus Notes accounts functioning simultaneoulsy? In Exchange Advanced settings, these users have SMTP addresses.. one is an x400 record, the other is a SMTP using firstinitial_for_frstname and full lastname@company.com.. plus I created another that uses fullfirst and fulllastname@company.com smtp address but it doesn't matter which one I use from my outlook client.. when I send a test email EVERYTHING goes thru their Lotus Notes email.. how can I send it to Outlook while also having Notes work for company employees who used to sending this user email to their Notes address to continue doing so until my test has succeeded...

Any ideas? Please let me here them... In Lotus Notes, when I look at a users detail page, there is an area on the right side of their detail page that says Internet address, that address has the Exchange smtp address but it doesn't matter because these users continue getting email to their Notes email.

Thanks for any suggestions or guidance..
hb101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back