Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create child entity in Powerdesigner

Status
Not open for further replies.

vami0505

Programmer
Apr 13, 2015
BE
Hi All,

I recently started using Power designer 16.5.

I did not understand how to create a child entity. For example, I have an employee entity and a children entity. Using Power designer I created two entities employee and children in Conceptual diagram. Now Im not able to change Children into a child entity.

In the properties of Children entity, I see <none> for attribute "Parent entity" and also does not give me any option beside it.

Can you please help me to create a Child entity?

KR, vami

I believe if you create the child entity, and then before doing any columns, drag copies of the columns from the parent entity into the child, it will recognize that it is a child entity. Pretty sure. I haven't used PD in awhile but Erwin lets you do it that way.

==================================
adaptive uber info galaxies (bigger, better, faster, and more adept than agile big data clouds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back