Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create Calc Member for one Measure across Dims

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMAGINAX

MIS
Apr 16, 2003
GB
Struggling with this... :)

We sell 10 products and I have built a cube of the Relational Database that holds our sales (I can't mess with this).

My cube has just the one measure which is the NumberSold. A hierarchy dictates which product it was. The problem I have is that I want to write a calculated member that gives me 1 prod - another one + (one divided by another).

All the other cubes I have used were fine because there was a measure for each thing I wanted to mess with but here it's the same measure... just a different part of the hierarchy.

Help!

Mike

I have the same issue. I am doing a survey and all I have is the count of the field. I need to do a dynamic average for what dimensions they may use.

Please let me know it you get an answer.

SO FAR --- I tried to take the currentmember row / currentmember row(All) I get #err

Hi,
I am not sure that it will work correctly. i am just suggesting you. To take one products value, u can write this formula in a calculated member
iif(product='x',measure.numbersold,0)
where as x is the name of the product. In this way, i think, u can write a formula as you wish. If it works, let me know. bye

with regards,
thiru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back