Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create an "Oracle...TNSListener" service on Windows2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
I installed Oracle EE 9.2.0.1 from Oracle CDs. I chose the &quot;software only&quot; option (no install-time database create). I've done the &quot;oradim -new ...&quot; to create and start the &quot;OracleService<SID>&quot; service, but how do I do the equivalent to set up the &quot;Oracle...TNSListener&quot; service?

Never mind...Answered my own question: Net Configuration Assistant. I knew that...But being up all night has sent my brain to another land.

i installed oracle9ias correctly, then i installed devloper 6i (at different homes) and when i start forms 6i and try to connect to the db the error display :: ORA-12203:tns:unable to connect to destination.
i copy the tnsnames.ora from oracle home to devloper home,and rename the sqlnet.ora to sqlnet.old in both homes, but didnt work

I installed Oracle9i Release 2(9.2.0.1.0) on windows 2000 professional as my server and the client software over windows 98se coz we are just using the SQL*plus. The problem is we cannot connect on the server. The Server can be detected in the network(LAN)however the error says &quot;..Host name does not exist&quot;.

In your client side Add the entry of Server in the TNSNAMES.ORA file.

You need the Host name, Port no and SID name of the server.
This will work.

Regards,

Zeeshan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back