Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create additional Access Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbull13

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
US
I'm using CE v9.

Can you create additional Crystal Enterprise Access Levels? The 5 basic ones are OK. It seems that using Advanced Rights will work but there is no way to keep track of multiple configurations.

Thanks for the help.

John

Nope, to the best of my knowledge - you can't create and save "Custom" Advanced profiles in CE to reuse in the drop-downs. A function I also would love to have.

There might be a way to modify the Crystal Management Console, but I haven't had reason to do so yet. Maybe someone here will eventually write a 3rd Party app to do it....

In General, I find that CE's biggest flaw (even in 10) is the inability in the "out-of-the-box" CMC to set your own GLOBAL environment settings (ie. User Preferences, Report Object Settings, etc.) that are different from CE's DEFAULT settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back