Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create access code to route calls over new trunk group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinto Islam

Technical User
Nov 29, 2018
US
I have recently inherited an Avaya G3 v15 system. I used to do basic station maintenance on Avaya about 8 years ago and never did big changes. So I have very basic understanding on this system.

It currently has 2 DS1 cards connected to PRI. It has a CO trunk card (TN747) that is not in use. I would like to remove that and add a DS1 card there so that I can plug in a PRI (from a different provider) to it. My goal is to create a new trunk group using this new DS1 card port members.

I think I can create the new trunk group. What I dont know is how to create a dial plan that would allow me to route calls over the new trunk group. We currently dial 9+1+xxx-xxx-xxxx dial outbound calls. What I would like to do is dial an access code + number to route calls over the new trunk group. For example I would like to be able to dial 55+9+1+xxx-xxx-xxxx to send calls over this new trunk group. Is this something that can be done? How do I go about doing that? Is there a different approach that might work better?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to response.

There is a lot of ways to do this, but there are question that you need to ask,
Why force calls over this new trunk group instead of the current ones?
What type of calls do you want to go over this new trunk group?

Remember the general user will not remember to enter more digits to use this new trunk group. They will just use the 9+1.
So unless there is a very good reason to do it that way. Then it much better to set it up so it will use that trunk group for specific calls, like 8xx number, long distance, local, etc.
And the user would never know.

The new trunk group is more for testing. Ultimately I will move the new PRIs to the old cards and trunk group.

Here is my current setup.
2 DS1 cards providing 2 PRI connection from a vendor

I setup a Adtran 908E connected via SIP to our main IP PBX. I will provide 2 PRIs out of the Adtran that I will eventually connect to the existing DS1 cards and disconnect service with that vendor. Problem is we are a hospital and I can not make any changes to the existing trunk group. By creating a new trunk group and access code to dial, I can test all functionality of the Adtran and once everything tests good, all I will have to do is swap the T1 cables and no end user impact.
Hope that makes sense.

Create new trunk. Setup UDP to route to ARS. Set ARS to route to new trunk.

If all you wanted to do is make a test call over those new PRI, then build the Trunk Group, build a test Route pattern that use's the new trunk group. setup in ARS the test number you are going to dial (like your cell phone) and point that ARS entry to the new test rout pattern. You can set up multi test numbers and any time they are call the system will route them over the new TG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back