Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a Vector for Caller Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali000

Technical User
Jun 5, 2009
GB
I need to create a vector to give callers, who call in holiday and after hours have option to leave a message or to be able get directed to ann emrgency number.
I did wrote the following Vector but, but it does not wotk.
Your help is appriciated.

01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 goto step 15 if holiday in table 2
03 goto step 16 if time-of-day is all 18:30 to all 08:29
04 goto step 17 if uncondotionally
05 goto step 17 if uncondotionally
06 goto step 7 if uncondotionally
07 collect 1 digits after announcement 8927
08 goto step 18 if degits = 1
09 goto step 19 if degits = 2

14 stop
15 Announcement 8916
16 Announcement 8926
17 Announcement 8976
18 messaging split 99 for extension active
19 rout-to number 6077 with cov Y if uncondotionally
20 goto step 14 if uncondotionally

Thanks

Your vector is confusing. You have two "goto step 17" steps back to back, and you have a "goto step 7" step that is not needed, since the next step IS step 7. However, your calls never reach that step, since your step 4 (goto step 17 if unconditionally) is routing all the calls that pass steps 2 and 3 to step 17.

What are your announcements for? (Announcements 8927, 8916, 8926, and 8976). Knowing this might help.....

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

Thanks for your responces SF0751 and Susan. As it is abvious, I am new to Vectoring all together.
I put step 5 by mistake, so please ignor it. However in my mind I thought that after Announcement in step 17 is played it would come back to step 6, in turn would point at step 7.
Announcement 8916 is: seasonal greating and announcing the office is close till ...
Announcement 8926 is: Out of hours announcement
Announcement 8927 is: to provide options in case of holidays as well as out of hours.
OK. As I have mentioned before, the first part of my vector is workin. the part that should provide callers with obtions is not working.
Thanks for your input and thoughts.

The normal flow of a call through a vector is just to flow from top to bottom unless specifically routed to another step by a "goto" or "route-to". A call will not go back to a previous step after an announcement unless you tell it to.
In your example, any "holiday" call sent to step 15 would play announcement 8916, then 8926, then 8976, and then in step 18 it would get sent to voicemail. Any "after hours" calls sent to step 16 will play 8926, then 8976 and then go to voicemail.
If the call is not a holiday or after hours, it will fall through to step 4, which unconditionally sends all calls to step 17 and plays 8976 and then goes to voicemail. The call will never reach step 6, which really isn't necessary anyway because the call would just flow through to step 7.

Maney thanks to all you, who helped and contributed in this thread. we your helps and advices I managed to get it sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back