Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to create a ".scr" -file

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainerforsthuber

Programmer
Nov 5, 2001
AT
hi! i ve a problem with making a .scr file of my application. i ve already tried to change the property in PRoperties to &quot;SCRSAVE:myscreen&quot; but it doesn`t work, because vb just says &quot;create myscreen.exe&quot; below <file>-menu.

could anybody help me, please?
Thanks ;)

Create the .EXE like normal
then just rename it in Windows Explorer
you have to move it to the Windows folder where all of the other .SCRs are for Windows to be able to load it as a screen saver.

then it should show up in the list.

Also you have to make sure you have events to trap for mouse movement or key press otheriwse you will have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to stop your new screen saver after it starts.

DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Yep, DougP is right on, just change the extention after it's compiled to an .exe. One strange thing you should be aware of about screensavers is Windows launches several instances of the screensaver when it starts it up. If your App.PreviousInstance check is in Form_Load() it won't always return true when it should. To fix this, create a Public Sub Main, set it as the startup object (in the Project...Properties menu), and do your previous instance checking in there, showing the main form if it's false.

Hope that helps!

~Mike
Any man willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security.

-Ben Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back