Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to create a pl sql invetory system

Status
Not open for further replies.

tezeey

Vendor
Oct 11, 2009
NA
hellow, im a new user of pl sql using oracle 10g, i asking for help on how i can create a pl sql invetory system that keeps track of PCs and related IT equipments. The system should be a solution to problem that quite often equipment is outdated Replacement/updating and movement of equipment is not recorded so IT personnel cannot plan/budget for the replacement of equipment. i also need help with the pl sql tools i should use....

thank you in advance.

Tezeey said:
i asking for help on how i can create a pl sql invetory system that keeps track of PCs and related IT equipments. The system should be a solution to problem that quite often equipment is outdated Replacement/updating and movement of equipment is not recorded so IT personnel cannot plan/budget for the replacement of equipment. i also need help with the pl sql tools i should use....
Tezeey,

Since you are new to Tek-Tips, I'm sure you are still getting used to how we do things here. One thing we do not do is build applications systems for others. We answer specific technical questions that other Tek-Tip member pose. We do not do people's work for them.

So, if you have specific questions about specific Oracle features, or if you are having trouble with code you have written, then post the Oracle code that you have written that we can look at offer advice.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]
“Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.”

Tezeey,

Adding a bit to Dave's answer, PL/SQL in NOT an interactive language and therefore you may actually need to develop your "inventory system" using some other language.

As a starting point you also may have to create a "data model" on which to base your inventory application schema.

Check here for example data models.
[3eyes]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back