Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a menu the Best Buy Style 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwert85103

Technical User
Dec 27, 2003
US
Hello,

All I want is to be able to create buttons at the top of page, such that when you bring the mouse over them a menu pop down, just like it happens at bestbuy.com

thanks

Hi qwert85103,
bestbuy.com menu is built with Visual Quick Menu Pro ( ). You can purchase the software from them.
Another site selling similar software is
If you do a search on Google for DHTML Menu or Javascript menu you will find some freeware to create these menus.
The first 2 I mentioned are pretty good though

Liam

If you can help, GREAT
If I can help, EVEN BETTER

Liamm,

one more question, how to make a menu like staples.com,
like it appears tabbed pages. Is there again a special software, if not then could you give a brief idea how that was made.

thank you for your help.

they use asp, but to do it in html just create the tabs in photoshop ect as 1 strip and make the relative tab highlited for the apropriate page, then set the links on the tobs to open the pages...

Aaron Taylor
John Mutch Electronics

Hi qwert85103,
the same packages as I mentioned above can create tabbed menus. You can use text, images or both, whatever you fancy
Liam

If you can help, GREAT
If I can help, EVEN BETTER

Hi All,

I've been using the OpenCube pacakage for drop-down menus from image files some time and basically it's excellent, if a bit expensive. However, I have also been reading that the longer the menu gets, the slower the download time, which makes sense, and that I should be using Server Side Includes based on text links not GIF images. Anybody got any comments on this?

Maggie
the websiteclinic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back