Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a linked table for use on another computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolsen64

Programmer
Oct 17, 2003
US
I need to create an Access file with a linked table for use on a customer's computer. The customer's computer does not have access installed otherwise i'd create the file on his computer.

So I need to create the file on my computer. But I do not have and cannot create an identical DSN on my computer. Access won't let me manually define the parameters of a linked table. It only lets me choose from existing DSN's.

Is there a way to create a linked table and manually defining the connection info so I can transfer the file to the customer computer for use?

The file is needed as a pass-through on the customer computer to a ProvideX database because the software they are trying to use crashes when trying to connect to ProvideX but can connect to an Access file without issue.

Thanks to anyone who can provide a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back