Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to create a flash news screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinuk123

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2000
IN
hello<br>i'm new comer to asp. i want to create a flash news screen&nbsp;&nbsp;like in the site <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> if we click on launch news ticker a flash news window gets opened.please help me out.<br>srinivas<br>

srinivas,<br>&nbsp;Can you clarify what you're asking for?&nbsp;&nbsp;Do you need to know how to open the new window?&nbsp;&nbsp;How to get the text to scroll?&nbsp;&nbsp;How to get the news data?<br> <p>nick bulka<br><a href=mailto:nick@bulka.com>nick@bulka.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

hi<br>i need to know how to open the new window that too non-resizable,and to get the news as text to scroll from bottom to up.<br>i would be greatful if u reply immediately.<br>thank u<br>srinivas

If you go to the site you referenced, and view the source, you can see how to create the new window. (Look for window.open).&nbsp;&nbsp;They use a java applet to do the scrolling, but you can do this in DHTML also.&nbsp;&nbsp;Check out this site for an example of scrolling text:<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> view the page source to see how it's done)<br> <p>nick bulka<br><a href=mailto:nick@bulka.com>nick@bulka.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back