Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a dialog-box and a menu-bar on the same window ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medef

Programmer
May 23, 2007
FR
Hi, I would like to get some advices concerning the use of MFC AppWizard.exe for my above purpose.

I want to create an application with MFC AppWizard including both a menu ( with file, edit, help and so on) and a dialog box, both in the same window, i.e. the menu bar above the dialog box.

The usual window calculator has a similar appearance:

-the menu with edit ( copy and paste) and view ( standard, scientific etc...)

- the dialog box, with all the digits, an edit box where the numbers must be input, the multiplication, addition, substraction buttons....

I have chosen to create an application with MFC AppWizard then «*multiple documents*», and I obtain automaticaly an application with a menu bar, a toolbar, and a blank window, but unfortunately no dialog-box.

And if I do «*insert*» , «*dialog*» , I obtain a new dialog box which don't appear when I build and launch the application.

1) How can I do to put my new dialog box under the title of my application and the menu-bar?

2) I have also another problem:

in my menu-bar, I would like to put into place a «*browse*» button which would allow to select whatever file.txt in the Hard Disk Drive, and an other button «*edit*» which would allow to modify this .txt file.

Do you know any possibility to create these buttons without having to type too much code ?

Thank you very much for your responses!

Instead of doing a single or multiple doc application. Do a dialog based appliction. Design a menu using the Resource editor an then assign it to the diaglog box.

Everything I know I learned from The Grateful Dead and Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back