Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create a desktop icon for a non-postscript printer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGS2003

Technical User
Jun 5, 2003
GB
I work in a college where we have postscript laser printers and non-postascript ink-jet printers available for students. The laser printers have icons on the desktop which makes it (fairly!) easy for the students to click, make default and then print away. Setting up the ink-jets just seems to confuse the hell out of them - having to go into chooser, etc. etc. ... they just don't get it.

So, does anyone know of a way that I can create an icon on the desktop to select a USB EPSON printer? The Desktop Printer Utility only seems to allow postscript printers to be used in the creation of a desktop icon.

Any help would be most appreciated ...

The desktop printer utiliy should allow you to do this, have a HP 1220 which is setup on the desktop. Which OS is running?

If you can't fix it in 20 minutes call someone who can.

The EPSON C84s are connected to old G4 towers running OS 9.2. You don't know our tech support ... in the WEEKS it would take them to get round to this I should be able to extract some sort of answer from someone!!

I have desktop printer icons set up for an HP 4200 N networked laser printer, but I can't find the EPSON standalone on the machine to which it's attached. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back