Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to count Number of records in group footer? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2002
US
I am trying to create a counter which will return the number of records which occur in a particular group. So far I hace created a text box called "Counter" and set the control source to =1. In the group footer, I have created a box where the control source is set to =sum([counter]). Each time I run the report, it prompts me for a value for "counter". If I type "1" my report does exactly what I want it to do. How can I get the report to stop asking for a counter value?

Thanks

Add a new text box to the group footer and set its ControlSource to:
Code:
=Count(*)
That syntax will count the records in each group.....

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams

You're welcome, and good luck with the rest of your project!!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back