Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to correct the itype of digital extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokane

Technical User
Feb 28, 2004
PH
More than 800 plus digital extensions was programmed incorrectly, instead of using itype 29 they used itype 21 for dbc 4223 digital phones. The phones are working okay under BC11 sp9 flatform but it will be upgraded very soon to TSW sp6. Is there way to mapped out the correct placement of keys for these digital extensions when the correct itype 29 is use when upgraded to the new released?Is there any ks converter software that changes the itype and key layout of digital phones for MD110/MX-one. Can anybody help me pls!

Create a script file in excel to run in as .cmd via winfiol is the usual way to get over these problems, then sync your DNA after.

best parnum

Thank you for your suggestion but this one will take longtime as there are 800 plus digital extension with wrong itype.

If you can use thhe TTY function of DNA/EMG or WinFiol, just find all the extension (DIR) numbers, and insert the numbers in this command.
KSCAC:DIR=xxx,ITYPE=29;
Send one command for each extension through a file.

///doktor

That is what I am saying to do... it will not take a long time, you create the script and run it in... this is your solution... a little work involved...

best parnum

Thank you guys, I will give a try.

If you are going to upgrade I think you have to use PC-regen to transfer your config to the new version. Then leave it as it is in BC11 and run a script on the PC-regen files instead before you load them to the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back