Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to copy to text file without double quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmappa

Programmer
Jan 21, 2001
AU
I am using FoxPro 8.00. I am using copy command to copy to tab delimited text file from FoxPro table. I am getting double quotes for each field. Is there any way copy the file without double quotes? Please help

Well you could try:
Code:
use mytable
COPY TO c:\myfolder\mytextfile.txt DELIMITED WITH "" with CHARACTER tab

Watch out for memo fields though!

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

He (Tim?) did say he wanted it tab delimited.

B-)

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Griff, I did notice, but decided to suggest an alternative solution anyway.
It often happens that requirements are rather flexible (and SDF sometimes is accepted instead of TAB-delimited, as long as it is not comma-delimited and has no quotes around text fields).

True enough, I only use delimited when I need to read in excel.

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Suggestion from Griff is works
"COPY TO c:\myfolder\mytextfile.txt DELIMITED WITH "" with CHARACTER tab"

Thanks
Tim

glad to help

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back