Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to convert string into datetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizunb

Programmer
Feb 27, 2003
CA
Hi People
i am trying to run this sql

strSQL = "select sum(BillableHours) as totalHours from TimeSheetHours, TimeSheet where TimeSheetHours.TimecardID = TimeSheet.TimecardID and TimeSheet.EmployeeID = " & empID & " and TimeSheet.MonthYear = '" & formonth & "'"

But its giving me an error saying datatype mismatch and i am 100% sure that error is bacause of the last condition "TimeSheet.MonthYear = '" & formonth & "'"
If i remove this condition my sql works fine

Now issue is that TimeSheet.MonthYear is a datetime field and the formonth variable is a string. I think thats the reason why its saying datatype mismatch

Can any one help me in getting this fixed
Thanks in advance
Rizzzzzzzz

Hi,

Try

"TimeSheet.MonthYear = '" & cast(formonth as datetime) & "'"

Doesnt work
giving an error on "as"

D'oh!

This string is being constructed in VB or Acces VBA isn't it?

If Access, try:

"TimeSheet.MonthYear = '" & format(formonth, "dd mmm yyyy") & "'"

I don't know off-hand what the VB equivelent of Access' format function is, but if your code is running in VB use that instead.

did u try cast(TimeSheet.MonthYear as string)= '" & formonth & "'"

Still didnt worked
yes, i am using access
I tried cast(TimeSheet.MonthYear as string) = '" & formonth & "'

still didnt worked
One more thing the datetime field format is mm/yyyy
doesnt have dd in it but the formonth variable also contains mm/yyyy like "01/2000"

Post your query in the ACCESS forum. This is the Microsoft SQL Server forum. You'll get more accurate suggestions.

-SQLBill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back