Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to convert image/ picture into array?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbrella

MIS
Dec 10, 2002
MY
Morning!

I need some help from all of members here, if somebody know what is the code for converting image into array. I'm still new in VB, and I wanna learn it ...please if somebody know ..can u tell me??

umbrella

Wot do u mean umbrella? an image to an array? pls be specific... I gus the vague nature of the question is wot earned u 0 replies. Elaborate on the issue. Let's try to figure out wot exactly u want.. All the Best
Praveen Menon
pcmin@rediffmail.com

sorry, if I'm too general...

actually I need some code for converting image to pixel and vice versa. but I've no idea how to make the code coz I'm still new in VB. If u got some idea how to make it..please help me..

mypinkpinky@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help DrJavaJoe, actually I need to know more about how to coding for VB, not just image to pixel. Then I need to know how to make good interface and interactive in VB???

I have to agree with JavaJoe. The question needs to be better formed. It doesn't make sense right now.

Umbrella
Try reading the FAQ referred below

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Deductive reasoning leaves me to beleive he wants to take the individual pixels in a bitmap and place them in an array...
Is that what you mean?

If so, I'll help you with it. Let us know!

Tuna

yes Mr TheTuna..that is what I mean. I wanna take the individual pixels in a bitmap and place them in an array...actually I need to know how to make the code for placing it.

Then I also need to know how to count the missing pixel when comparing two picture/image between the original image and the blurr image?? actually that is what I mean particularly, but I've no idea for that..I'm still in blurr!! please help me...your cooperation is highly appreciated..

thanks

Woops... I think you lost me again!

How large is your bitmap? You're looking at a HUGE array...

Okay then, here's how I would pop each pixel from a bitmap. Get a needle. Very carefully place the needle over the very first picture element you can see. Press firmly. That's the first pixel. Now move your needle one pixel to the right. Don't go too far, you might skip one.

Ok, look, it's way, way too early in the morning for me to do anything besides laugh. Good night, I'll try to give you a real answer tomorrow.

Actually, let me ask you this, do you really need to store each pixel in an array? cant you just move through the bitmap one pixel at a time on each bitmap and compare them on the fly?

Maybe I just don't get it... :(

Tuna is going to bed. Honey, I'm off the computer now... honey? Wake up! Ah, nevermind.

Click!

Tuna, thanks for u'r advice...but I'm still waiting for your help tomorrow...I really need a help, I'm really in trouble :-(..I'm not joking..anyway, thanks for u'r reply..hope u won't break the promise.

email me at mypinkpinky@yahoo.com

I'm reading Appleman's information on bitmaps right now. If I can figure this out, I'll post it here. If not, I'll post a big appology for not figuring it out!

Tuna Tuna - It's fat free until you add the Mayo!

Ok here's some info you can try to test and toy with...

Declare Function GetDIBits& Lib "gdi32" (ByVal aHDC as Long, ByVal hBitmap as Long, ByVal nStartScan as Long, ByVal nNumScans as Long, lpBits as Any, lpBI as BITMAPINFO, ByVal wUsage as Long)

Appleman says: This copies bis from a bitmap into a device-independent bitmap.

and

Declare Function GetBitmapBits& Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hBitmap as long, ByVal dwCount as long, lpBits as Any)

This Copies bits from a bitmap into a buffer

Thus far, I don't have the full answer, but I'm working on it!

Appleman says in Chapter Nine of his Programmers guide to the win32 api that this chapter covers "Direct manipulation (using code) of bitmap data.

Tuna (more to come) Tuna - It's fat free until you add the Mayo!

Well, after much failure, I'm getting nowhere. Sorry bud, I tried.

Anyone help? I just don't have any bitmap experience to call on.

Tuna

Tuna - It's fat free until you add the Mayo!

in thread222-426308 he's talking about doing the same thing!

Look at the thread and follow the link he provides within.

Tuna Tuna - It's fat free until you add the Mayo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back