Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to convert FRX file to HTML file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohammedawni

Programmer
Oct 9, 2022
EG
Hello,
are there any way to convert FRX file to HTML file?
Thank you.

Hello mohammedawni,

I second ManniB's recommendation and would add FRX2ANY. Unfortunately, FRX2ANY is not available on the homepage it used to be offered, I guess it also has no new home.

Just to be clear: These tools run the same old FRX and don't convert it. Just instead of printing the FRX output, they create an HTML file (or other outputs).

There also is such a tool coming with VFP itself: The HTML report listener. I can't tell you if that's already sufficiently working for you, but it's worth trying before using anything else.

If you literally want to convert FRX to something making the FRX obsolete please just note FRX isn't a document format and HTML isn't a report format. But I don't think you really want to convert the FRX, you want HTML as the output format. If not, please clarify your goal.

Chriss

Yes, I also agree with ManniB. If your aim is to produce an HTML rendition of a VFP report, both FoxyPreviewer and XFRX are excellent tools. Of the two, I would have a slight preference for FoxyPreviewer because I find it slightly easier to deploy (and it has the advantage of being free). But XFRX would also be a good choice.

Be aware that both tools will create a snapshot of your report. Once the HTML has been created, it won't reflect any changes to the underlying data - other than by re-generating the HTML.

If you need the HTML to be connected to the data - so that when you refresh the report in the browser it shows the latest data - then you could open the report in the report designer and go to File -> Save As HTML. I've never had much success with that approach, but it might be worth a try.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back