Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Convert FOX 2.5 Report in VISUAL Foxpro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill993

Programmer
Nov 26, 2001
PK
Hello Again,
I am Haveing Problum in my Report Conversion, i already done an project in Foxpro 2.5 (DOS BASED), Now i am going To convert whole Files in Visual Foxpro, when i am Apply Modify Report <MyReportFile> i have found the message that the visual foxpro is unable to Conver files,
NOW i am First of all All Report on Foxpro For Windows ver 2.6 and then Open Report --> Simple Save Report, its how me Convertion in Windows Envorments. Then I open Visul Foxpro, and Re Open The file in VFP, And its DONE very Well, But the something are missing, I am useing 2 diffrent Tables in 1 report, its not work well, its alwase show me that Variable <Myvariable> are missed, (Remember the Myvariable are come from DATABASE FILE .DBF,)
the same report are runing Well in Foxpro 2.5 as well foxpro for windows,
Kindly Give me The Tip or Hinds how can i done it.
Regards
Bill

Bill,
It's been a while, but I believe when you open a DOS report in FoxPro for Windows, it &quot;transports&quot; it for cross-platform support. That is, it creates records for both platforms in the same .FRX file. I believe you need to open the .FRX as a table and delete all the DOS platform records BEFORE you try to convert it in VFP. e.g.
Code:
USE fpw_rpt.frx exclusive
*browse
delete all for platform=&quot;DOS&quot;
pack
USE
Obviously the normal warnings about working on backup copies of these files apply.

Rick

dear friend,
please guide me that when i open it first time after conversion it is run normaly but after then its dosnt work what is that mean? please epxlain me bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back