Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to convert Crystal rpt to Excel or Word doc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolie555

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
I have a report that has generated our producers name, address, city, state, zip. What I need is to save as Word or Excel in order to do a Mail Merge (Address Labels). Help... need to know if possible, and if so, how?

thank you.

-J

Not exaclty sure what you expect to get by converting, you can export to either of those formats.

Check milletsoftware.com, there's a utility called CUT that might suit your needs very well.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Select the Export Icon, Format TEXT and Destination DISK FILE. It will then ask you to select where to export. Select the location.

I'd recomend Excel, and select the detail line as the basis of the columns (assuming you have that option--I use Crystal 8.5). Word mostly produces something that looks very unlike the orignal Crystal report.

You might also try PDF, if your users can be persuaded to download the free Acrobat software. Madawc Williams
East Anglia
Great Britain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back