Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to control the duration that a bmp Splash Screen displays before 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlitondo

MIS
Jun 27, 2000
US
access opens up. Either that or is there a way of having a form that has been set as the splash screen open before MS Access's security login dialogue box shows up?

I've never heard of that being possible. But you can make a .BMP named the same as your .MDB and place it in the same directory. Then when Access loads the mdb it places the bitmap where you would normally see the Access splashscreen. Don't know if that will work for you, but try it out.

HTH Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

I already have that set up but I thought it would be neat to dipsplay the bmp for a few more secs.

That is all related to system speed, there's no way to control how long it is shown that I know of. Sorry!

Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

On the same note, I have an image sitting on a form and I would like to know how something like this could be set up as a splash screen as far as the settings and the coding behind it. I've looked through examples in how to try setup a splash screen but I have had little success in doing so. Any suggestions how I should "program" this?
Thank in advance.

Paul
paul_wilson74@hotmail.com

This goes to Jilitondo,

What you could do is create a .BMP and leave it blank (apply the same background colour or design as your desktop), create a form that will be used as your new splash screen and use the timer interval for the time you want this to be shown, when your time is up close your splash screen and show the next form in your database.

Peps

However the form that I set up as my splash screen will not be activated before Access's security login dialogue box shows up.I would like for the splash screen to come up before this dialogue box and for me to control how long it hangs.

Hi Jilitondo,

Let's say you have a desktop colour of 128, create a bmp file with that has nothing else other that a coloured background (in this case 128). When you open Access your bmp file will open.... (you wont be able to see anything) other than your form [Splash].

Peps

Any forms in a secured mdb will only load after user level security has been verified.Have you tried you method with a secured database that requires login information?

To be honest I'm not to up to date with securing databases, I have various databases all mdb and all with their own levels of security access (designed by myself). I have for example a database, which shows a splash then goes direct to the user log on screen, after which each user can jump from one application to another so long as he or she has access. I'm using the bmp example that I explained before so's not to show the standard Access splash screen. I'm not sure if I can be of any further help as I don’t use the Access security option.

Peps

Do you have control of how long your custom splash screen displays? If a user has a power machine, the splash screen may be visible for only a second or less. I was trying to find a way of making that splash screen hang for as long as I want it to, like you would do a form by controling its timer interval.

I'm not aware that this can be controlled, to be quite honest I don’t think there exists a way. On the funny side you could stand in the way of your screen just after opening your program or call the attention to some good looking girl working in your office between the access splash and the opening of your first form!!!! - Sorry I can't be of any help...

It would be nice to know if anyone has any further input.

Peps
happy.gif

You can set the timer property of the form that is being used as the splash screen. 3000 is for 3 seconds and so on. and then make the form a single form with no scroll bars or navigation buttons, etc. Then you have to set the "on timer" property as well to close the form when done. And then set the onclose event to do the next thing, like opening the switchboard. Let me know if this helps.

Hi Dawand3,

This has already been suggested, do you know if it is possible to control the timer of the Access default splash screen? - Or even better do you know get rid of it all togeater!

Peps
++

No I guess I don't know about that, sorry. I was a little quick to answer without reading all the responses first. Good luck! :) Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back