Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Connect to SAP R/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogjai

Programmer
May 8, 2002
HK
Hi
I need to connect to SAP R/3 S&D from Cognos Transformer. How can I create a model in Cognos Transformer accessing SAP S&D. Do I need to create a Architect model first to connect to SAP S&D or can I connect directly from Cognos Transformer.

Thanks in advance

Thanks in Advance

Only DecisionStream has the ability to communicate directly with R/3. It does so by accepting SQL-9x based select statements which it dynamically transforms in ABAP/OpenSQL code which it executes via rfc calls. Hence, it is able to work with pool/clustered tables, abap functions that return tables etc.

Transformer would require that you provide the data in a format it can accept such as text etc. Of course, if you want to go straight at the underlying R3 tables you can with the well known cavaets that most R3 folks know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back