Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect to MAPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
I use ASA to a G3v11
I had Avaya install a MAPD
This is my frist time with MAPD so I kno0w nothing, never knew anything else before anyway
I have the Dial up coonection to the Modem Avaya asked to have configuured for the MAPD, I have the UID and Password and now I am being asked to connect it to the LAN.
I found this thread thread690-737205 but it tells me little.
Can someone help me understand what I need to do to connect from ASA if possible, I do get the hand shake from the modem but then the emulator just sits there with a flashing cursor.

Thanks

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

Fixerofphones,

I usually avoid using the ASA or DSA software and instead dial into my mapd's through the HyperTerminal application. If you'd like send me your email address and I'll send you some instructions on how to do this.

crosstalker

If you haven't done so power up the MAP-D. You can either press the boot/shut button on the faceplate or just unplug the MAP-D and reseat it. On the faceplate display you should be able to watch the unit boot up. Since you don't have any links installed it should say 'AINIT' when it has completed loading. The first step is to assign the IP address to the MAP-D and the router information. These are located on the 'TCP/IP Administration menu/This Host' and 'TCP/IP Administration/Network Routing Information/Default Gateway'. After that you should be able to telnet into the MAP-D to do the link setup etc. Don't forget to set the clock on the MAP-D.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back