Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect to a Remote pc in a different Workgroup and site

Status
Not open for further replies.

niallo32

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2004
IE
Whats the best way of connecting to a network that no VPN or connection exists between the two sites?

On my side, I'm behind an ISA server with Port 3389 open, the other side are part of a small Workgroup that uses DHCP

Thanks

If you have static IPs you can always setup a route in the routers at each end. On alot of routing equipment you get a host and target Port number as well, so using port 3389 will not be a problem. What are the makes and models of your routing equipment. And how do you connect to the internet ? broadband, isdn etc.

Matt

I connect to the Internet with a 2Mb line from a vendor. We use a Cisco Router as our gateway.

They connect to the Internet using Eircom Broadband. They use DHCP to assign IP Addy's. One Client pc has the broadband router setup.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back