Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect stk9730 on Sun E250 using internal scsi single-end

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstrauss

Technical User
Jun 25, 2003
US
I'm trying to connect a STK9730 on a sun e250, I have no scsi differential in the e250. The stk9730 was previously connected on a Sun U2 with two scsi differential. If, it's possible do I need to modifiy the 9730 configuration to use a single-end scsi connector.
thank's

You cannot use a single ended SCSI device on a Differential SCSI adapter. You will either have to purchase a Differential SCSI adapter or have STK replace the Single Ended devices on the library. I would go with a Differential SCSI adapter...much cheaper..

If your devices are wide, you will need a wide adaptor, if you want to use two tape units, then disáble hardware compression on the drives and accept that if a bus reset is sent, both drives dissappear.......or buy a converted for each device which is the correct and best but expensive way......

Come to think of it, it would be cheaper to buy a few Adaptec 2944UW HVD cards than to buy the converters, especially if you buy on eBay......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back