Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Connect RCA Audio to TN793 Port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElBoboLibre

Programmer
Aug 20, 2009
US
Hello,

I need to provide on-hold music to our Avaya G650 via analog phone input.

Specifically, I need to connect an unbalanced consumer-level (-10dB) audio output (mono RCA) to an analog phone port on our Avaya PBX (TN793CP 24-port analog circuit pack.)

Actually, it appears my audio device can also be set to output balanced (+4dB) as well, if that makes a difference.

Something like connecting the tip/shield of the RCA to the tip/ring of the analog input.

In either case, I've read that you can't just hook them together without using a transformer for isolation.

Is this true, and if so, is there a way to construct something in-line that is relatively inexpensive?

In total, I need to connect 24 RCA's to 24 analog phone ports via 110 punchdown block. So, it seems I need to put 24 isolation transformers between each RCA and punch-down pair.

Is this something that is easy to build?

Alternatively, Syquest mentioned that Avaya may sell an adapter for this purpose. Anyone know about this and if so, is it an expensive option?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

It's called the "Music On Hold Adapter", costs about $35 retail I think.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back