Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect Pocket PC xv6700 to 802.11g home wireless lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

colewhit

Vendor
Sep 14, 2009
US
How do I connect? My PDA sees my home lan, but will not connect. I have three laptops, 1 PC (via Ethernet), 1 HP wireless printer and 1 Xbox live device connected to the LAN, but the Pocket PC won't connect. I am using WPA-PSK for authentication with AES encryption for security on the AP. The Motorola WR850G AP is mixed mode b/g. Has anyone made the xv6700 work by using a static IP or by changing authentication to PSK and encryption to WEP128 or WEP64K?

According to this other forum thread I found specifically dealing with your device, it seems there may be issues with it connecting to some routers via DHCP.

Have you tried disabling DHCP on the router, and setting static IPs on all connected devices?

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Thanks for responding kj. I will try a static ip. I also have download of a wifi profile cab file for the xv6700 that allows a static ip address from the pda side. Either way, I will respond with a solution if found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back