Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect ISDN TAs to md110?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellone

Technical User
Mar 13, 2002
IT
I have to do dialup connections over MD110 phone networks.
I've heard that it's possible using a standard isdn TA but I need to configure it properly.

Do someone know the settings?

Another question.
Do I need to use an RJ11 onnector instead of a standard rj45 ISDN plug? (the outlet in the wall accept rj11 and rj45 connectors but the phone (ericsson 3210) that I've to remove, use an RJ11 connector.
Do I have to made a customized cable?

Thanks for your help

Sellone

The ISDN Phones use 4 wires, and the MD-110 Phones use only two, i don;t know if you can connect an ISDN Phone to the MD-110 whit out adapter!

Thanks for your reply.

But I've have to connect a PC to the MD110 plug to make dialup internet connection.
Even finding an adapter will be acceptable but a digital one.. Searching the net I've found many devices that allow to use standard analog devices such as modem, fax and cordless phones, but i think it's quite stupid to connect a digital equipment to a digital network via an old analog device. Isn't it? :)
However, If ISDN TAs don't do the trick, what kind of TA should I have to buy? Any suggestion?

Thanks

Sellone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back