Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to connect a ORACLE Database using C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbchind

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
IN
I need help in connecting a oracle database (Preferably ORACLE 8x).I need to know the neccessary libraries in connecting them.
Thanx in advance.

ou can use ODBC, DAO, ADO and many APIs. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

The fastest (but not easiest) way is to use Oracle's own interface OCI. It really screams in comparison to ADO, ODBC, etc. The downside is there's more coding involved.

You can find out more at:

Chip H.

Mr.JohnFill and Mr.Chip, thanx for suggesting me with ideas.I do need still more assistance on the lines of code(samples) that do with the connection (ADO type .,preferably ) and the libraries (include files) to be included.

As for sysbase, the libraries were something like sysdb.h,... and some two other files(not sure).

Could you help me out :cool:.

vbchind -

I'm sorry I don't have any samples for you. I had to leave them behind at my last job.

But, Oracle does provide some good examples on the OTN website (see link in previous message).

One thing to watch is the version number of the Oracle client drivers -- they must match with what the server expects. (Oracle 8i is more sensitive to this than Microsoft is). So if you install a patch to your server, check to see if the clients need to be patched as well.

Ooops, I just saw that you want to do ADO. In that case, get a subscription to MSDN so you can download Microsoft's samples.

Chip H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back