Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to configured Lotus Notes Schedule Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep20

Technical User
Sep 21, 2006
IN
Can any one tell me how to configured Lotus Notes Schedule Backup in Networker 7.3.2.

I had already installed Lotus notes module on respective Lotus notes Servers for which i have to take backup.

If you have the latest module, it should have a wizard included which you may want to start. This makes the setup easy.

But how to schedule it without wizard? what all parameter should be taken into consideration. eg.. waht all parameter should be set in configuration file. what command should be writtern in client properties to initiale lotus online backup etc...

Sorry, i do not have any experience with this module. I just wanted to make your life a little bit easier.

I have not configured Notes on 7.3.x, but the NetWorker version should not matter when it comes to configuring the scripts. First of all i would really suggest you read the admin guide for the 3.0 module, it explains it all and is quite easy to understand. The Notes mdoule is very sensitive regarding the config, and it depends a lot on how you have set up your Notes server in general (data paths, partitions etc). But in general here´s how you would do it default on a non-partitioned Notes server:

For incremental backups to be successfull, you must enable transaction logging on the Notes server and set the logging mode to Archive (page 25 in teh admin guide).

1) Backup Command: nsrnotesv.exe -z path_to_config_file

The config file should be located locally on the Notes client. In the ..\nsr\bin dir on the client, there´s a template file (nsrnml_config.template) that you can copy and use, name it nml.cfg. If the path to the config file contains spaces, you must enclose tha path in quotation marks and also use double backslash characters.
Ex. nsrnotesv.exe -z "C:\\Program Files\\nsr\\bin\\nml.cfg"

2) In the config file (nml.cfg) there are a number of parameters that must be set in the LOTUS { section.

Notes_ExecDirectory = path to dir that contains nnotes.dll
NSR_BACKUP_LOTUS_DIR = TRUE
NSR_SKIPDBERRORS = TRUE
PATH = path to Lotus executables

Again, this is very default, and the number of parameters in the config file may vary depending on the type on Notes installation. Do read the Admin guide for a complete list of parameters and the meaning of them (page 137-152).

Cheers!
Maverick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back