Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to configure networking for remote malbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3rv32a2

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2011
MX
I hope someone can help me out, I'm replacing an Octel voice mail with a Callpilot 600R. The callpilot is running perfectly. But in the Octel we can send a message using a 274 for the site destination plus 5247 for the mailbox.

Looking thought the documentation I believe the way to implement this is by networking but I do not understand how to do it or where to start.

Can anyone help me out?

Did you purchase the Networking software

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Sincerely I do not know, since this equipment was send to us from corporate offices.

I believe the what I have to use is open AMIS because the other voice mails are not callpilot there are octel and others.

How can I check if I have that license?

In Callpilot Manager click on Messaging at the top and then click on Message Delivery Configuration. If everything is grayed out you don't have the Keycodes for AMIS

PERYPJ thanks for the answer I did when in the part that you mentioned and I did notice that it was all grey, I try to enable AMIS but it did nothing.

So what you are saying is to enable this feature I have to buy a license, so you know what the license is called or part number?

There Keycodes that you input into Call Pilot through Wizard, there are 2 types I believe the one you want is the Analog AMIS Networking

Hi there PERRYPJ.

I have installed correctly the AMIS license.

Know that I can access Message Delivery Configuration and after reviewing the documentation I'm not able to configure the the prefix number, maximum digits.

What I need to do is to configure some kind of dialing plan that I had with the OCtel 200. Something like this:

NETWORK INITIAL NETWORK NUMBER NUMBER OF
LOCATION DIGITS MAILBOX OF DIGITS DIGITS TO STRIP
NAME EXPECTED LENGTH TO STRIP FROM SELF
-------- -------- ------- --------- ---------
CINCIN 276 7 3 0
ALBUQU 274 7 3 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back