Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure NEC DT700 ITL2E (2 Button-without LED display) IP phones to PABX 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vundun

MIS
Aug 2, 2017
PG
Hi All,

I am trying to add new IP phones to our office, I have configured IP phones with the LED display before. But we have purchased IP phones without the LED display.
I have read online and have stated that you need an app called IP Phone Manager to get the default IP address of the IP phone and then configure on PABX.
However I still unable to located and download this app. The app has to run on windows 7/8

If you can provide me a link to download this would be fantastic. Or if you know other ways to do this please share details.

regards
Vundun

Hi belevedere,

Thanks for the steps.

I followed through and am getting this error message when entering DHCP Options in Tftpd64 settings.

NEC_w07col.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

regards
wilfred

The dhcp server doesnt like 0.0.0.0 as a default gateway.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Hi All,

Thank you for tips on this matter.

With a lot of patient I was able to configure all my phones. I got past the DHCP issue by using 8.8.8.8 or u can disable DHCP.
Also you don't have to use an isolated POE switch, you can assign your laptop to the IP Phone range and use Tftpd64 which will set the desired IP address on the Phone. From there you just login to the browser and configure all the phones.

Another option without using the App Tftpd64 you can telnet into the port on the switch and use a IP Tracker to pick up the assigned IP address. It will usually go to the first IP address for instance 172.16.1

My issue now is the reset one of the phones, I have been given used IP phones to configure as well. Any thoughts?

Reset? If you are looking to perform a factory default on one of those 2 button phones, get the IP address, then log into the phone using a web browser. The default option is there.

Hi Belevedere,

Thank you. That will work if you know the IP address.

If you don't see below steps to reset to factory default on DT700 ITL-2E 2 button IP Phone (without Display Screen).

1. Press Hold button
2. Press Transfer button
3. Press **331#, this will make the line keys light green
4. Press the first line key two times. This will make the call indictor light red.
5. Once this is done your phone should be reset to factory default.

regards
Vundun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back