Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to configure for SIP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxNewb

MIS
Jan 9, 2008
US
I have Nortel/Avaya 6140 wireless IP phones currently, but we have been having durability issues with them. I'd like to try out some third party SIP based devices as a possible replacement. I have SIP3 licenses installed on my switch, and Spectralink 8440 SIP phones to test out. What do I need to do on the PBX to configure for 3rd party SIP devise to connect? Does it require another server to interface with the phones, or?? Is there a configuration guide for generic SIP3 setup on the PBX? Let me know, thanks!

Thanks for that guide, I was able to make my spectralink 8440 with the help of my telco vendor. The only problem I have left, is that when calling the SIP phone, the caller ID on the phone only shows the extension followed by "Phone-Context=cdp.udp" instead of the caller ID info for the calling line (these are internal calls). I can call from the 8440 to another in-house line and the caller ID info assigned to the 8440 in the TN comes across just fine. Same thing if I call it, my desk phone shows I'm calling it by name but the 8440 only shows the telephone number on its screen followed by that cdp-udp tag. Is this all I can expect from a SIP3 phone since its not OEM to the system? Let me know what you think, thanks!

I have run into the caller id issue before. I have only found one way to get rid of it, but you will have to use with caution.
I removed this for one customer and it worked fine. With a different customer, it caused probelms with their SRG at a remote site.

Go to UCM and do the following:

UCM> IP Network> Nodes..>Virtual Trunk Gateway Config Details
and under SIP URI MAP private domain names remove CDP and UDP entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back