Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure fail-over on groupwise 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashlyjay

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2008
NO
Edirectory 8.7.3
Groupwise 7
SLES 9.0

Currently, we have one server running groupwise 7 on sles 9.0. We would like to have another server as our failover server on our primary server. Can you help me on how to configure our groupwise 7 and edirectory to forward all the request on our second server.

Sorry for my explanation, im having trouble explaining my situation. Hope you can understand what I said above.

To be honest, with that general of an explanation, it sounds like you need professional help. In other words, if your knowledge of your system is limited to what you just posted, I don't think you will be able to handle (nor should you attempt) the execution of your plan.

Regardless of the above, and it's not meant to be a criticism of you, do you have your 2nd hardware up and running or at least purchased and on site??? Are you sharing storage or are the systems totally separate???

It makes a difference for failover - as in clustering or not.

Any more, I believe that virtualization provides the best failover because of the tools and high available options.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting, Inc.
A Novell Platinum Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back