Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure EXP300 for cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

davpi70

MIS
Nov 13, 2002
IT
I've got an EXP300 (Ibm SCSI storage) and two IBM xSeries360. IBM x360 have Netware6 installed on local drives, and EXP300 with external SCSI link (on IBM ServeRAID 4LX, updated with 5.11 software, the last release).

I was not able to configure controllers for cluster.

I've done this:
- power up the first server;
- configured the controller for cluster (with name CRTL1) and partner controller with name CTRL2, on SCSI ID 6;
- configured a single array (10 disks, no one in bay6) with raid5 (5e do not support cluster);
- when I try to share disks for cluster, the serveRAID manager don't let me do this.

- if I configure an array on 2 disks only (raid1) the serveRAID manager let me share those disks for cluster;
- power up the second server and configure controller as CTRL2 (partner CTRL1), on SCSI ID 7;
- search for shared disks return an error: "An error occurred reading the partner system online drive"
- if I do any configuration on controller CTRL2, immediatly CTRL1 "lose" disks (that appears like "defunct").

Any suggest??
Where can I find documentation about this??

Thanks!

Davide

Hi,

Are you using Microsoft Clustering? My suggestion is go Fibre for any Server Clustering. IBM does not support SCSI Clustering nor does Microsoft. I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but trust me... It will save you a lot of headaches in the future (even if you got it to run).

Regards.

Sorry, I missed the Netware...

Disregard my previous post.

Regards.

Oppssss....

NW6 Cluster is NOT COMPATIBLE with Ibm ServeRAID (Ibm scsi controllers).

It is not possible to configure Novell Cluster Services on IBM Exp300.
IBM support NW cluster ONLY with Fibre Channel.

Davide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back