Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure a PC with multiple notes id for users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrivesMeCrazy

Technical User
Aug 11, 2003
SG
Hi guys,

I have got some notes id created by the admin.
Now wondering how am i supposed to configure notes client to allow multiple ids on one PC?
(with own address bk, mail, etc)
I try to create each individual folders for each user, but failed to make notes point to that location.
(notes.ini currently in C:\Program Files\lotus; if i moved this file to a new location NOTES will complain)

I am using notes 6.5 by the way.
Can anybody help or advise?

Thanks in advance.

Easier way would to uninstall Lotus and remove all of the directories it leaves behind, then re-install it. When you are installing it, there is an option to allow all users to use the program. Once it is installed and the user is logged on, as him/herself, setup their Notes. Lotus will create the appropriate folders in the Documents and Settings directory. Then Lotus will place all applicable files, for that user, in the directories (usually C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Seetings\Appcation Data\Lotus\Notes\Data). You will have to setup each user that will use this machine, separately, as they log on with their credentials. Multiple user support became an added feature in 6.0.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back