Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to configure a 3526T avaya switch for IP Telephony 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takst3r

Vendor
Aug 10, 2011
ZA
Hi All,

I need help here. Im not a switch or router guy and I need help setting up our newly purchased switches Avaya 3526T - PWR+ seitches for IP telephone.
i wanna create 2 vlan, 1 vlan data and 1 vlan voice.
I need to connect the phone to the switch which will get an ip address from the ip oofice and then the pc will be cnnected o the phone who will get its ip address from a windows DHCP server.how to untagged 2 vlans (voice and data) in one port? please give me some syntax/command for Nortel switch.

help me please

You don't put two untagged VLANs on one port, you put the DATA VLAN untagged, VOICE VLAN tagged.
The phone needs to identify the VOICE VLAN as tagged on its uplink, and the DATA VLAN as untagged on both uplink and PC port.
The phone can get its config via LLDP, DHCP, or something else.

Thanks VinceWhirlwind , but im not so clued up on this avaya switches.

Could you perhaps give me a few command to add the ports into both vlan with the necessary tagging.

Also how do you create a trunk port on this switch?

Thanks

3500 switches have a script implemented that configures the switch for you.

Login and type [pre]run ip office verbose[/pre]

like derfloh said, login and run the IP Office command.

Once you have completed that, create a route in the router (whatever is the data gateway) to route back to the ip of your switch stack for the voice VLAN.

If you're using more than one of these in one location, do yourself a favor and stack them with the stacking cables. It will make your life easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back