Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to compare spending + commited vs budget in GP? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc1150

Technical User
Oct 22, 2007
US

We are thinking about using GP's purchasing order module.

What we want is to compare the sum of spending and commiteed A/P with our budget. The idea format would be show all these in one row, which is identified by an account number.

Does anyone know how to do it using PO module or smart list. Thank you a lot for answering!

you need to create smart list or report in AP for actual spending and for commited A/P. You need to run received but not matched report to pull unmatched purchases for commited AP

Thank you for reply.

We tested in smartlist under AP, the problem is to find the expense account for each item that we purchased. We found some account numbers, but they are not what we are looking for. Is it due to something during the set up phase of GP?

This is the idea layout,

G/L Expense Account # 1 : budget vs actual + committed
G/L Expense Account # 2 : budget vs actual + committed

Thank you for any ideas.

If all you want is a report, you will have to create a custom one, I don't see an easy way to get this in any out-of-the-box SmartList. You CAN do this in SmartList Builder, but my recommendation would be to do so based on a SQL view.

If you want more than just a report, there is a module called Encumbrance Management (part of the non-profit modules) that may also be of interest. Depending on what licensing model you purchased GP under you may already own it.

Victoria
Flexible Solutions, Inc.

I would recommend doing this as an FRX report first column being actual spend, second being commitments, Third being 1 plus 2 and 4th being your budget then any additional columns for variance / comparison.

This can be achieved in other ways too but I think the simpliest and most elegant solution will be an FRx report.

How would FRx be able to capture commitments?

Victoria
Flexible Solutions, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back