Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to combine default menu and customized menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivek

MIS
Jun 17, 2003
US
I created my customized menu, and attached it to the form, but I also want to keep the smart bar for insert, update and delete, etc. I tried a long time, but it seems I can either have my own menu or default+smartBar menu. How to have customized menu plus smart bar menu?

thank you very much!

You may use "magic" items in your menu and specify Icon Filename property for that menu items.

Regards, Dima

Dima, thank you so much. But can you speak in detail?
1. I have created my customized menu.
2. add some new menu items to the above, set them as 'magic items', set 'icon in menu' and specify 'icon filename'? But I want to include smartbar in it. What's the path for smartbar or default menu? I tried to include 'c:\...&smartbar' to replace 'default&smartbar' in the property palette of form, but it doesn't work.

I am new to this forum, I really appreciate any help on this to help me out.

Thank you a million

In fact neither DEFAULT menu nor the SMARTBAR are the separate objects, they're EMBEDDED into Forms runtime, thus can not be merged with anything else. I suggest to create menu that acts similarly to DEFAULT&SMARTBAR. You may create magic items for CUT, COPY, PASTE and some other operations. You may also implement NEXT-BLOCK, NEXT-RECORD as well as add anything you need.

Regards, Dima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back