Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to collect CDR cor call accounting Mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mevans1974

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2008
BS
Hi
I Have a BCM 400 we are trying to sue call accounting mate" to collect the CDR from it.
I was told i will need to use a software name Win LINK.
I try setting it up but i was unable to collect any data from the BCM. Do anyone here know about this.

What Rls of BCM 400?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Do any one know how to retrive CDR Records from the BCM

I have had lots of trouble making this work on various BCMs. I found a way that seems to work OK. It worked OK on my BCM 3.7 and a BCM 4.0.

Set up FTP server on your computer (I use XP Pro) Make sure to allow Read/Write to FTP directory. It is in IIS services. There are lots of instrctions on the Internet. Use anonymous access to FTP.

Turm off Windows firewall on the network adapter.

Set CDR records to format required.

Set the BCM up to push the records to the computer IP address. Leave user name, password and FTP alias blank. You can then push the records immediately (command in on the top menu bar in BCM window, I think).

I have done this twice in the last 2 days and it seems to work fine.

Hope I didn't forget anything.

Rob

Thanks Rob i will give it a try and let you know

Nortel now offers Activity Reporter that connects directly to BCM 50 Rls 3.0.

Regards,
Stockman16

I have used the RSI third party app with their Shadow CMS product. I did not know that Call Accounting Mate is recommending its use with their application.

Nortel Activity Reporter provides CDR Pull built right into the software (for BCM 50 Rls. 3.0 and later).

S16

yes it provide the CDR but it is no use to me if i can apply a cost to the call.
Thanks.

mevans1974; What do you mean in your last post, I didn't understand what you meant?

sorry I miss-understand.
What i meant to say was I try using CDR Pull to send it to a FTP server that works good but it usually send hundreds of files well.... depends on how many calls were store and each time it sends the records it's with a different name.
Now if it was sending 1 file with all the calls and the file name don't change then that will work great but thats not happening. The CAM is programe to look for one filename that name can be change but the PBX keep sending the file with a different name.

What the WinLINK is doing is collecting the files Consolidating them into one file and passing it to the CAM.

You could run a scheduled task on the host server. The task could be a simple script, batch file or executable that APPENDs the files together under one name (i.e. cdr.dat).

Hello there, I have got the CDR working on a BCM 400 rls 3.7 thanks to you guys. But I have two questions. On incoming calls I get the call detali but I don't see the number or Caller-ID do you have to configure something else. Also is there a way to get the internal calls also?

Thanks!

Is it in the raw data? sometimes the 3rd party accounting doesn't show it by default, you have to tell it to print it.

The BCM doesn't supply it. It's not in CDR or BCM Monitor. 3rd party software has to receive it, b4 it can do anything with it.

Adversity is Opportunity

Deweyhumbolt: was your reply in answer to mine? if so I didn't understand it.

ace, what I mean is the BCM does not supply any info about internal calls. The CDR string, nor the BCM Monitor supply internal call data. So, it doesn't matter the 3rd party software, if the data isn't supplied to it, it can't collate it. Three threads tda are asking the same question. I just wanted to make it clear, to the best of my knowledge.

Now, maybe this Activity Reporter for BCM50 3.0 does. But, I haven't worked with it and am not likely to do so, with my present assignment.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back