Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Close Desktop Application Windows using VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modex

Programmer
Sep 15, 2002
GB
Hi Everyone,

I am using Access 2010 64bit

I'm somewhat stumped by this and not sure how to proceed, if of course it is even possible.

I want to be able to load a database where the Access application window is hidden and the user is presented with just a pop up menu form.

This all works well, however, the popup window can be hidden behind other application windows which are already open on the desktop( ie word or excel etc)

What I would like to do is minimize any open appication window on the desktop using VBA before the popup form is loaded, therefore ensuring the user is greeted with the pop up screen of the database and not have to search for it behind other appliction windows.

Is this at all possible and if so, could someone please show me the VBA needed to perform such a task.

Many thanks in advance

Much appreciated

Nigel

Modex said:
minimize any open appication window on the desktop

In my opinion, that is a very bad idea.
I would NOT be a very happy user if your app would mess up my other apps on my screen.

From MS Access force a popup on top of other windows?? Is this possible?:
If you define the form as modal=yes and popup=yes, then it will be on top of Access until closed. It will also be on top of other applications when opened, but not modal, i.e. selecting other windows will send the popup into background, together with Access.

There are also some other hints.

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Hi Andy,

Fully understand that and wouldnt do it if it was for more thatn just for me.

It's for a personal database purely for me and it's just so frustrating to load a database and search for the pop up screen as I usually have other windows open most of the time.

Just want to say many thanks for replying though, I really appreciate the link and help.

Cheers

Nigel
[bigsmile][bigsmile][bigsmile]

Usually in Windows, when you open any application, it is open on top of anything you already have open. So, if your 'personal database' opens so slow that you have time to switch to other app, you may want to investigate why it is so slow.

Maybe improving the time it takes to load is your answer...[ponder]

Or you may just need some calming tea :)

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back