Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to clear Shared Objects 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashoid

Technical User
Dec 11, 2002
US
Does anyone know of a sure fire way to clear all Shared Objects other then doing the right + click and clearing them manually that way? I have tried different coding to clear it but with no success.

Ideally there would be a button that you click within a flash interaction that clears all shared objects on your pc.

thanks!

I tried putting this inside a button but it didn;t seem to work...is there something else I should be doing to make it work?

I replaced sharedObject with my SO name but still no dice. I'm going to do some trial/error with other parts of my code, perhaps that is the problem.

Thanks!

My Shared Object name is design so I used this code below in a button to delete that particular SO:

on (press) {
design.clear();
}

Is this the correct usage? It didn't delete the SO after I clicked on the button.

I figured out the problem -- I moved the button to a different screen and now it works fine. Your code did work.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back