Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to choose the last in a list 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcook1

Programmer
Jun 11, 2004
US
I'm translating SAP Idoc to ANSI X12. My input file is an idoc with a series of segments identified as E1EDP16. I need to call a functional map on just the last E1EDP16 segment. So if given an idoc with 6 E1EDP16 segments, I don't want the functional map to be called until the 6th E1EDP16 segment. Any ideas how to do this?

You can use the index value of [LAST] in the rule to solve this problem.
=Make_Map( E1EDP16[LAST] IN IDOC , ....)

For v6.7 an example is in the design tutorial in Chapter 19 - Incrementing Output data.

Tim

Thanks, Tim. I didn't see the LAST function in the list of functions, so I didn't think it would work. We're still using Mercator 1.4.2, so a lot of functionality isn't there.

Gary

If you have 1.4.2 prior to SP4, you are not yet y2k compliant. Time to start your upgrade plans, 7.5 is the current version.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Yes, I was hoping the Y2K scare would get us upgraded. Too bad it turned out to be nothing! Unfortunately, I don't see us upgrading until the system completely fails. Of course, at that point it'll be a major catastrophe...to the point of shutting down manufacturing plants for at least a week. But love and upper management are blind! And deaf... and dumb...

The other issue is that it is no longer supported. If you have ANY problems, you are out of luck. Oldest supported version is now 6.0 and almost no-one is running that version. If you manage an upgrade in one week, you should be working for Ascential (if you have more than one map that is :)

We do have openings in Support in beautiful Boca.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back