Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to check remote PC's Registry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellooooooooo

Technical User
Oct 21, 2005
GB
Hello All,

I'm having a bit of a mare with PC's our network. All PC's are Windows 2000. I would like to check the registry of every PC on my Domain to check for certian entry, ie a MS KB/patch has benn installed. Can this be easly done?

Thanks for everyones time

Marty

If you want to check the HKLM of a remote PC, open the registry on your own PC, go to File > Connect to Remote Registry (I forget what the exact listing is) and put in the IP of the remote PC.

Just to add to the last post, you can also type in the computer name instead of the IP if you're on a domain.

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

you can also install Powershell on these machines, it will allow you to view the registry from a CLI.

Zane D.
Systems Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back