Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to check Mirrors? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2002
US
Is there a way to check to see if a volume group, file system, hard drive is mirrored? i have been handed an AIX 5.3 system, but i cant find out if its mirrored or not. the SAS stuff shows no arrays, but the mirror infor is lacking at best.
Thanks

lsvg -l volumegroupname

if for an LV, the number of PPs is double of number of LPs, you have a mirrored LV. You can have triple number of PPs to LPs, then you have a 3way mirrored LV.

Mirroring is not per volume group, but per LV. There is a hi-level command mirrorvg that mirrors all LVs in a VG, except for rootvg, where it doesn't mirror dumpLVs, as these shouldn't be mirrored;

HTH,

p5wizard

maybe this will help you - it will scan all LVs in your varied on VGs and tell which LV is not mirrored:

Code:
for i in `lsvg -o|lsvg -il|grep -v -e :$ -e ^"LV NAME"|awk '{print $1}'`;do [ `lslv -m $i|tail -1|wc -w` -eq 3 ] && echo $i is not mirrored;done

Just for the completeness:

:)

lsvg VGName
-> Watch out for "STALE PVs" and "STALE PPs"
-> If there's anything > 0 there's something wrong with your mirroring (Assuming you ARE mirroring).

Regards,
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back