Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to check IMSL installed in unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

saravanakumar90

Programmer
Apr 22, 2015
US
I need to check where IMSL is get installed in unix server. Im facing an issue due to IMSL ("Checkout of IMSLFNL - IMSL Fortran Numerical Libraries. Failed with return code -45) while executing fortran executable in Unix and wanted to check where actually IMSL is installed and what is the version and actually where its located.

Will IMSL be referred only during program compilation or will it be used while compiling the code and while executing it as well?

Can anyone please help me..

1) Are you working on the server with IMSL installed or a workstation? If server, try using find
2) If workstation, can you get on to the server with IMSL installed. If you can, use find
3) Is there more than one server?
4) If you cannot get on to the server, ask your sys admin.

You are probably best served if you talk to the administrators of your system or to a colleague that also uses your system.

Or, you can quickly browse the IMSL documentation ( I just did and found installation and user's manuals) and make sure you know how to use it. This is always good education.

Aparently, for fortran, IMSL installs a file named "fnl.f90"...you may want to look for it in your system with the linux command "find . -name 'fnl.f90' "...you would probably need to do this from the root directory, though it may take long...maybe take turns in other subdirectories like /usr, etc.

Also, the installatino manual usage example talks about first having to run a shell script to setup the correct envrionment variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back