Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to check for / clear LSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekitori

Technical User
Jun 27, 2006
NL
We're planning a networkdown - so some of our servers/gateways (G650/700/350, 8300) will go into LSP.
How do I check which ones have this enabled and how do I clear this when the network is back up ?

I'm not sure about most of the servers as they are 'inherited' from company-mergers and not too well documented....

regards,

Sekitori

What version CM do you have, if you have a site that has a S8300 installed, then that site will go into LSP mode. If you have other sites that are just gateways, they will go down.

Depending on the SW level of CM, the LSP's will see the network come back up and go back into standby mode, depending if its configured right.

We're on CM5.

We have 8700's in ESS modus and at least one G700 with 8300.

regards,
Sekitori

The command list survivable-processor will give you all of your LSP's and ESS's. The command list media-gateway will give you all of your media-gateways. In both commands, the field reg (Registered) will let you know if the LSP/ESS/MG is registered to the main site.

Susan
Muffins are just ugly cupcakes.

list survivable-processor will also show if the ESS / LSP is active

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Ok, great - now I can check the status.

Can you help me along on how to change the status from ESS/LSP back to 'normal'?

I could find it if I dig into the manuals, but it would be much quicker if you could tell me here....

Thanks in advance,

Sekitori

For an ESS (using the CUST logon ID):
get forced-takeover ipserver-interface port-network X

For an LSP:
telnet to the Media Gateway and log on with the 'root' user ID and password.
Issue the command config to enter the configuration mode.
Issue the command show mgc to check the status (it might have already recovered on its own).
Issue the command reset mgp to reset the media gateway and force it to re-register back to the mother ship.

Susan
Muffins are just ugly cupcakes.

Thanks all of you - this should do the trick.

Sekitori

For an LSP:
telnet to the Media Gateway and log on with the 'root' user ID and password.
Issue the command config to enter the configuration mode.
Issue the command show mgc to check the status (it might have already recovered on its own).
Issue the command reset mgp to reset the media gateway and force it to re-register back to the mother ship.

Could you not issue a "disable NR-registration" for the affected network region on the LSP - or am i missing something?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back